Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jan 16 & 17


Jan 16
So it got cold here this week. Really cold. My fingers were numb just walking across campus to class kind of cold, and I was wearing lined leather gloves. As we were driving to Home Depot to buy paint (more on that next), the reading in the van hit 0* at one point. I admit I took the van out for a spin around the neighborhood at 11:00 p.m. just to get the temperature reading to drop to outside temperature in order to get this shot. We do what we must!


Jan 17
Today, we painted Mandy's room (my former office). The purple is actually darker than this in real life. Think Barney the dinosaur purple. Now that I think about it, this photo is odd anyway because the wall underneath isn't gray, it's a very dark blue. Funny how those colors change in the camera. In any case, the purple still beats white in my book. Katy and I did the first coat, and when Mandy got home from work, she helped me do the second. It is FINISHED. Woo hoo! This is some of Katy's handiwork as she weilded the roller. She even took a pic for my 365 project. Do I have that girl trained or what?

4 comments:

Jules said...

Oh the trials and tribulations we must endure as scrappers.

Laura said...

It's fun having other family members help out with the 365!

Lily said...

brrrr......fun temp photo. I gotta say that purple sure looks pink. Love that she jumped in to help with the 365

Catherine said...

You have that girl well-trained! And that's dang cold!!