Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jan 15


You know the company that puts boxes on people's television sets and notes everything they watch in order to figure out the ratings for shows? Turns out they also have a scanning program where you can scan the UPC codes of everything you buy, upload the data every week and build up points for free stuff. I was on the waiting list for nearly a year, but last week I was finally sent a scanner. It was a hassle at first, but once I got the hang of it, I kind of enjoyed it. I am also on a survey panel online (and have been for years) that works the same way with the points. A few months ago I received a set of new cordless digital phones for the house by finally spending my ridiculous amount of points. I didn't even have to pay shipping. Sometimes it pays to take those surveys!

3 comments:

Lily said...

the scanner thingy is super cool!

Jules said...

I didn't know there was such a thing. How cool!!!!!!

Laura said...

HUH! How interesting. I didn't know that!