Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good Day

With the winter we've had, the stress of trying to sell the house, and illness all around, I haven't had many really good days lately. Today was one. It started off with an early morning walk with the dog before everyone else woke up. I don't ordinarily do mornings by choice, but Shona had kept me up most of the night with her coughing and it was listen to it more or get up and do something. After my walk and shower, the mortgage man called to say we'd been pre-approved for a loan and for even more than I was expecting. That doesn't mean I want to borrow more than we'd planned because I know our comfort level on a mortgage payment, but it's nice that they have faith in us.

Next up, I did some research for Katy. She'd asked to go take her learner's permit test at the DMV, and we knew it was only during certain days of the week. Sure enough, it was Thursday. I was afraid I didn't have the right ID for her since I couldn't find her birth certificate (I need to order it again), but they take passports as proof of ID...even expired ones, so we were good to go. She took her test and passed on the very first try, but their machine was broken and they couldn't get her processed for her permit. We'll go back tomorrow or Saturday for it, but I'm very proud of her. It wasn't until after we left that she admitted she'd only read through half the book. Geez. Teens!

I had an eye appointment, at which I was going to gripe at the doctor because it took them TWO MONTHS to get me in for a simple follow up, but I was in too good of a mood. Even Shona puking in McDonald's didn't phase me and normally it would. Nope, not today. Not even when I had to clean it out of her leather shoe later because she was in the process of putting her shoes on when the heaving started and she was using the shoe to catch it. That's probably more of an image than you needed, huh?
I bought both girls a rubber duck at Wal Mart while we were there. It was just a silly thing, they both wanted one and I was in the mood. They have been squeaking them all afternoon. I also relented and bought some bleach to tip the ends of Katy's hair with. She loves it and now wants to add a little splash of purple at the very edges. Oh, the fun of a girls' day out. The bad part is John has the camera out of town and I didn't get to capture a thing on film.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You're very good at no-photo pages. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to scrap it! ;) I hope you have lots more "good days". :)

Monica K said...

Wooo hooo, Katie!!!!

Sounds like you had a fab day. Take it in stride. There will be more good days because it's all in how you look at things... puke and all. I love the days when I can just brush off the icky stuff and it doesn't affect me. :)

Just Say Julie said...

love the cheeriness! it's awesome when things go that way. and Mel is right - you could totally rock a page about this day even without pics!