Saturday, March 10, 2007

Scrapping away

Those are my little head butters. They make me so proud. Nothing new on the homefront, so to speak. The kids are doing fine in school, John is still ticked about the housing situation and is grasping at straws in the hopes of keeping his teaching position here. We do still have 2 1/2 months in which the house could sell and we won't have to move back, but I have officially stopped considering that as an option. He doesn't comprehend that I can't do that happy-go-lucky, super positive upbeat role. You'd think he would know after almost 17 years that I will never be that person. He's welcome to be the optimist. I don't consider myself a pessimist, more of a realist. I think it's important not to kid yourself, to be prepared for the worst. I still hope for the best, I just don't EXPECT it, and therein lies the difference between us.

Scrapaddict is having a week long crop and I've been cranking out Christmas layouts as fast as I can. I was going to print pictures to fit the sketches I wanted to do, but then I looked at the stack of pictures I already have sitting here needing to be scrapped, and I am going to force myself to use as many as I can from that stash first. I have been blocked for so long I'm hoping this drags me out of my rut. Onward through the fog.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm still hoping you sell your house, Anita. Isn't the housing market supposed to get better when it warms up? I wish I could scrap as fast as you do, but I have to overthink everything, as usual.

Monica K said...

I'm hoping really hard for you guys as well but like you, I'm a realist as well. Sometimes I wish I was an optimist, though.

Way to scrap, lady!!! I am getting ready to go finish something i started at the beginning of the week and abandoned... uhh... well, the phone is now ringing so maybe not. LOL