Monday, March 05, 2007

Easy Come, Easy Go

Friday we found out our buyer backed out. Again. This is the fourth buyer to back out without so much as an inspection. The first couple backed out because they were unable to sell their house. I can't even remember the other two, just that it was ridiculously silly stuff, but this one just plain got cold feet. I'm really angry and I'm tired of the whole house selling experience. I'm tired of getting burned by insincere buyers. Why would you even put in an offer if you aren't sure that's what you want to buy? Maybe an inspection would change your mind, but if you don't even get that far, you should have to pay a penalty. I didn't used to think that way, but I sure do now. There should be some sort of penalty for stringing people along in the real estate market.
In any case, we've resigned ourselves to moving back to our house and moving on with life. In a way it's a relief and not a huge surprise that it's ending this way, I just wish we hadn't wasted a year of our lives and a LOT of money on rent here just to go right back to square one. At least John got a year of teaching experience out of the deal, so all is not lost.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry, Anita! :(

Emma said...

Major bummer. I wondered if something like this had happened. Darn it!!