Sunday, March 18, 2007

A New Me?

I have been seriously working on losing weight since the beginning of the year. I decided it was a now or never situation and I was sick of feeling tired all the time but tired of hearing myself whine about it. As of today I've lost 30 pounds. However, I've been avoiding clothes shopping because I have a lot more to lose and don't like those "in between" clothes. I also hate clothes shopping in general because I'm forced to look at myself in a mirror, a fate worse than death in my book. I'd rather go to the dentist and have my teeth drilled. The only problem with my avoidance tactic is that my pants keep almost falling off. Not just in a "ha-ha, look at me, I've lost so much weight my pants are loose" kind of way. No, I mean I was giving Shona a piggy back ride one day and very nearly mooned my neighbors. Not good. I hate belts, too, and the pants are so baggy that if I did belt them I'd look like a wannabe hip hopper. Not going to happen. So....much as I dreaded it, I went to wally world for cheap "in between" stuff today. I was so shocked when I found out I no longer am a plus size. How can that be? I've been a plus size for over a decade. My brain hasn't quite wrapped around that fact yet, and it might not for a good, long while, but I think I can get used to shopping in the normal size range. Then John took me to the men's T-shirt section because I tend to prefer the heavier weight of men's T-shirts. No 2X for me. Not even a 1X. I wore a men's large. That's unreal to me. What a moment. I can't believe I've come this far. I'm only two more sizes away from my goal and now I have no doubt I really will get there. Until today, there was always the shadow of a doubt in my mind, but not anymore. I really AM going to get there and that knowledge renews my vigor and determination.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

WOOHOOO, ANITA!!! That's awesome! I had no idea you were losing so much weight. More power to ya, girl! :)

Yvonne said...

Thats awesome! I am so happy for you.

Unknown said...

WTG Anita!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I can only imagine how exciting that is (cuz I sure haven't felt it in real life LOL)