Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Jack Frost nipping at your nose

Wow, is it cold outside! I purposely didn't check the weather before I took Bailey on her walk this morning. Just knowing it was going to be really cold was enough. I bundled her up and we did a 40 minute trek down our usual path. Brrrrrrrr. Then I had to take the car in to the shop and walk home from there. Another 20 minute walk and by the end of that one my fingers were getting numb. I finally checked the weather now that I'm warm again only to find it is 17* but feels like 4*. See? That's why I don't let myself check these things before going out. It helped me to believe that it was somewhere in the upper '20's. It also helped that I kept running "Walking on Sunshine" through my head as I walked. Who says lying to yourself is a bad thing?

We are hoping for an offer on our house today. Not the guy who called, but another interested party who decided to put in their offer after our realtor mentioned to them that another offer was in the works. Competition is a healthy thing. I just hope it's a reasonable offer and we can put this whole house selling mess behind us. I am not holding my breath, though. I learned that one the hard way.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm still crossing my fingers and toes for you, Anita!