Monday, January 01, 2007

Catching Up


OK, OK, so I've been a bad blogger. Life just gets in the way during the holidays and this year was no different. It was a little strange living so far away from home yet being within driving distance for Christmas. We went up twice, once for the big family shindig and again a few days later for Christmas at dad's. I won't do that again. Poor Shona wasn't feeling well and was miserable half the day. Plus, my brother and sister in law were out of town and my sister and her husband had something going on at their house, so we were there with my stepsiblings, none of whom I particularly care for. We only stayed for about 90 minutes. So four hours of driving round trip to spend 90 minutes being bored and not talking much. Next year, if we are still living here, that won't happen.
As for still living here...the contract on the house fell through. We were really ticked, but I guess these things happen. I've pretty much given up hope on the house selling at this point, and it would have to happen very soon (as in the next three months) to keep us here. I know John is pretty upset at having to give up the teaching job he likes so much, but we can't afford to keep paying the mortgage and the rent. It's breaking us. It especially hurts that I can't find a job in this town and at this point I've given up looking. Even if I found something, we can't keep up those payments any longer than we have to. Poor Katy loves going to this school. On the plus side, though, I've decided whatever happens happens and I'm starting on plans to go back to school when we do return. I'm going to start applying for scholarships and grants and I will be applying at one of the universities fairly soon. I'm a bit nervous going back to school after all these years, but I suffered through enough dead end jobs while John was in school, it's his turn to put me through college.
I'm looking forward to 2007. Big changes are in the air no matter where we turn and for once I look forward to them. Bring it on!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Life changes can be really hard, can't they?

Good luck on going back to school. After we moved, I took the chance to go back and do not regret it. I hope you get to go!!!

I hope the house goes soon.

Laura said...

Ohh I'm sorry the contract fell through Anita! Dang it!
Happy to see you updated your blog. Happy New Year to you and hope it's an awesome one for you!

Contessa Kris said...

I'm so sorry the house sale didn't work out. I'll be praying that it sells so you can stay where you are, if that is what you want. I know its hard to pay both. My parents are doing that right now since they moved home here to MO. Going back to school is a great idea. It's the beginning of the year, don't fret. It can and will get better.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it stinks to not know where life is going to take you, huh? I'm hoping some millionaire calls you to pay cash for your house, higher than asking price. Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big, right?

Emma said...

Glad you updated! Sorry that the house is still such a pain, I hope that things work out for you there. That is great about going back to school!!

pixleyyy said...

Wahoo ... back to school! I really hope something comes through for the house though.