Saturday, January 27, 2007

Bills and calls

I just paid the bills today. I should be happy to have the money to pay the bills. Plus, thanks to our income tax return, I have the money set aside to pay our rent here until the end of May when we would move back home. Still, it makes me depressed to pay bills. Just seeing the money flowing out, I guess, makes me blue. It would be nice to go crazy with it. I wonder if I will ever get to a point where I can just go a little crazy with money. Somehow I doubt it.

I was playing a board game with the girls a little while ago when the phone rang. It was a family member of a family member asking questions about the house we have for sale up north. I don't know him, but I have heard of him and he knows my dad. He made me an offer on the house that's only about $2,000 shy of our bottom line gotta-have-it amount, so I told him to call John tomorrow and they could wheel and deal. It was just so out of the blue and he obviously hasn't even gone to a realtor, but I'm OK with that! I just want to ditch that place and walk away. It's filled with far too many memories of work and stress and if there's a glimmer of hope that I am going to get to escape that place, it's enough to drag me through another week! I don't want to get my hopes up, though, so we'll see what happens. As usual.

John is away at a teaching seminar. He called last night and said he was a little bored so far, but I think he'll survive. At least he gets to bond with two other teachers who carpooled with him. I told him it sounded like a buddy's hunting retreat without the booze or the hunting. That's what I need....a retreat! Someday....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house WILL sell, I know it will. Sending positive vibes out your way!

Melanie said...

Oh, I'm praying that this is it! I'm sending you lots and lots of luck!

Monica K said...

You know... going crazy with money isn't fun when you actually have money to crazy with. LOL! I think I just had an epiphany!

Good luck with the house!

The Mom said...

Good luck with the house!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Jen