Friday, February 23, 2007

I Need a Little Spring

I've lost my mojo. Not just my scrapping mojo, my life mojo in general. Maybe it's the winter that would not end, even though it has been a spectacular 60* most of this week and as lovely as I could ask for in a world still stripped bare for winter. Maybe it's this illness that has pervaded my household for weeks now. I had to keep Shona home today to administer breathing treatments in an attempt to knock crap out of her lungs. I still have it in mine, too, but I carry on and try to ignore it. Honestly, though, it's exhausting. I am 90% recovered, but I was down for so long and I was SO far down that I can't seem to get all the way back to 100%. I think that's still only part of it, though. I'm sure the weariness from the house sale isn't helping. Nothing new on that end, but I don't expect there to be until March.

I have kits sitting here to scrap and I just look at them, admire their beauty, but feel completely uninspired. It's like my entire world has gone gray. No, it's not depression. I lived on Main Street in Depression Land for over a decade and I know the entrance gates to that place far too well. I am not even popping in for a visit. I just feel....blah. I think what I need is a little green grass popping up, maybe some trees sprouting leaves, a few birds singing and the warm sunshine beating down on me. Yeah, that's it, I need a little spring. I can't wait until it gets here. I want to roll my plant back out onto the porch, sit in the rocker outside and enjoy the lilting sounds of the dump trucks and concrete trucks rumbling through the neighborhood. Hopefully I'll be doing that from the front porch of my new house soon. Come on, spring.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I have some Spring here, but it's not doing anything for me as far as inspiration and I really need to get some scrapping assignments done! I know how you feel, though, and luckily, it hasn't been as dreary for as long here. Hang in there, Anita!