Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Take note

I had a pretty good weekend, it is amazing how much you can accomplish in such a short amount of time when not dragging kids along on a shopping expedition. John and I left the girls with his mother and knocked half a dozen people off our Christmas list in less than two hours at the mall. And by list I mean the imaginary one I have in my head that changes constantly and always has someone forgotten until the last minute.
We also found a new coffee table in a furniture store that was going out of business. We've been looking for years for a new one that's reasonably priced, I guess waiting had its advantages. I'm just so glad that ugly, boxy thing is gone.


Christmas is less than three weeks away. I have to figure out what still needs to be done and what can wait. I'm seeing a theme in my life here. Oh, for the talent of list making. I've never been good at it aside from the grocery list. Well, considering I always forget something on there, too, I guess I'm a complete failure at list making. I bet things would run much more smoothly in my life if I could just be bothered to make lists. Maybe that should be my New Year's resolution for 2006. I'll just make a note of that....

No comments: