Thursday, December 15, 2005

Office Party

So the office party was today. We shut down the counter at 10:45 and went across the street to party hardy. It was nothing like last year. No band playing, it didn't drag and the food was passable. This year they did a karaoke contest and geeeeeeez. I can't even watch it, it was horrendous. Only five people tried, three got prizes. Really, karaoke should be banned from anyplace that isn't serving alcohol. You need it to make people sound good. I didn't win a door prize, either, but that's OK. They gave everyone a $5 gift card to Wally World when we came in, but most people opted to donate theirs to a local family who just lost their home to a fire.
When we returned, we had our office only gift exchange. What fun. My boss got my name and I got hers. Neither of us knew it even though we had been nosing around trying to figure things out. Too funny. She got me a case of Lipton Raspberry tea. She searched for weeks to find a place that sold it by the case and finally went to a liquor store to buy it. She also got me a DVD I've been wanting and a Maxine calendar. Love Maxine. That's me in 40 years.
So, overall a fun day at work. That's something you can't say every day. Saturday I get to shop til I drop with my cousin and Christmas will be finished. I can't wait. I'm more excited than the kids and usually I'm very "Bah, humbug!" It's a nice change.

3 comments:

Carolyn F said...

Never enough beer to make me do karaoke!

pixleyyy said...

Sounds like a pretty good party. BTW, you've been tagged girl ...

www.pixleyyy.blogspot.com

Just Say Julie said...

Sounds like a fun party!!

I hear you on the karaoke!

Looks like Anette already tagged you but I'm doing it again!