Monday, December 26, 2005

Some Christmas questions

1. Do you like Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Everything's wrapped.

3. What do you like, colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like a combination, it really depends on the setup.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. I've never even seen any in person.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the day after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I can't say I have one.

7. What is your favorite holiday memory as a child?
The huge family gatherings at my grandma's house. I really couldn't narrow it down to just one.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I couldn't even begin to remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Usually, yes.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
Whatever is in our house.

11. Snow!! Love it or Dread it?
Dread it!

12. Can you ice skate?
No.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift as a kid?
Not really. I don't remember most of the gifts I got as a kid other than a bundle of switches one year. I'm not sure if we were really that bad or if my dad was just that sadistic. Maybe a little of both.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Seeing family I don't see any other time of the year.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I'm not much of a dessert eater. I go for the bread.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Driving around to look at the light displays. We don't do it on a certain day of the month, just whenever we can squeeze in the time.

17. What tops your tree?
A multi-colored star.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Definitely giving.

19. What are your favorite Christmas carols?
Carol of the Bells is my all time favorite.

20. Candy Canes! Love 'em or hate 'em?
Neither. They just are.

21. Favorite/least favorite holiday special?
Favorite: It's a Wonderful Life
Least: Charlie Brown's Christmas. I've never been a huge fan. Do NOT tell my Snoopy-obsessed daughter!

22. New Years?
We play cards until the wee hours of the morning.

23. Does your family do stockings? If so, do the grownups get one too?
We used to but haven't bothered for the last couple of years. I can't say I really miss them.

1 comment:

Carolyn F said...

OOO, playing cards on New Year's -- that sounds like fun!