Friday, December 30, 2005

The price of eating

You know when you're officially middle aged? When your teenager's music is always too loud. Even when you can barely hear it coming out of the headphones glued to their ears and the tune isn't even distinguishable...still it annoys you. That's the sign. I even like a lot of Katy's music, it's just too loud. Geez, I'm turning into my dad. "Turn that down!"
Speaking of teen drama, Katy has had her phone taken away indefinitely. You would think they would learn after the first SIX WEEK punishment, but noooo. And I thought Shona was going to be my wild child. If my straight A student is causing me drama, I can only imagine when Shona hits that age. Oy. Save me a rubber room.
While I'm ranting, why oh why is grocery shopping always such a long, drawn out, exhausting thing to do? Can't it be simple? And WHY does everything in the house run out at ONCE!? John and I filled up two carts tonight, and after price matching, coupons and $40 worth of gift cards applied to our bill, we still spent $260. That's so wrong. Granted, this is super Wally World where we buy household goods as well as groceries, but still...

4 comments:

Rain said...

I have a teen too. I am turning into my parents, the music is so hard to tolerate. I even try. I really do.

Carolyn F said...

I hear ya! Everything in the house is "too loud" for me!

Jill said...

ouch! that is a lot of $$$ Hopefully that will last a while!

Oh yeah... and the teen thing... You'll make it. I have had teens now and a pre teen many time over.

Just Say Julie said...

Hey - make sure you save me a space in the rubber room...I know Keira will be sending me there too!