Thursday, July 12, 2007

Another Catch Up Post


We had a great Fourth of July, very relaxing. Well, maybe relaxing isn't the right word. The hubster and I spent the day shopping, then we picked up the kids (we had an extra one for the night) and went to the base for fireworks. We tried to stop in for a bite to eat, only to reach the doors just as they closed. Instead of leaving to get food and possibly missing the fireworks show, we opted for convenience store food and you know what? It wasn't bad. The show was great and we had a nice parking spot just up the hill from where we sat.

After the holiday, we escaped for a weekend at Celebration City in Branson. It isn't as big or as crowded as Silver Dollar City, which made me very happy. The longest we waited in line for any ride was 10 minutes. That's it, ten minutes at the peak of their tourist season. Life was good. I got some great shots, like this one of my three favorite people.
However, since it was my birthday weekend, I insisted on everyone taking an old time photo, a family tradition we hadn't been keeping up with lately. I love this photo.
It's going on the wall with my other old time family photos, dating back to when I was about 13. Such simple things make me happy.

Speaking of things that make me happy, or in this case don't...I was trying to get a good picture of myself tonight so I could make a DT page to send Felicia. It's going on display at her new brick and mortar store. I took at least two dozen shots and had Shona try to get some. I finally realized it wasn't the lighting and it wasn't the angle...I just don't like my face. *sigh* Maybe I need a new haircut, but somehow I still don't think I'm going to like my face. I would say it's a face only a mother could love, but she did remark on what a homely child I was. Then again, she is legally insane....

....and on that note, I'm off to scrap this face.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds like you had a great time in your travels.
As for the DT LO....do any of us ever like our faces? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that face!

Jill said...

wonderful photos on here! The old fashioned one is great!!!

Just Say Julie said...

those are all fun pictures! and you have a beautiful face!!

Melanie said...

I love your tradition of old-timey photos. You have a beautiful face!

Carolyn F said...

Love the old timey photo, love the head shot -- you look fab!!

Sandra a.k.a. scrapfreak1 said...

awesome old time photo girl... fabulous..

btw
you look absolutely fantabulous... unbelievable weight loss... tell me how you did it.. kudo's to you anita..

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cod fedex can you buy ultram over the counter - tramadol hcl apap