Friday, July 20, 2007

Blah blah blah

I think this has been one of the busiest summers of my life. I never seem to be home, and when I am home, things are a constant blur of motion. I suppose that's not a bad thing, but I can't seem to feel rested lately. Gee, I wonder why. I can't believe there is still another month until vacation time is over. I might not survive that long.
Today, though, was one of those days it might have been better not to have climbed out of bed. I was a grump from the moment I got up until dinner time. Bad news in the mail, or rather really aggravating news that set me off. Then I got a call from John saying he'd been in an accident. At least it was very minor and the other driver drove off saying "It's an old car, don't worry about it!" but still...I was such a grump that when my mother called I all but yelled at her. I get so tired of hearing from her on a daily basis when she has absolutely nothing to say. I miss when I could actually have a conversation with her. I really miss having a mother, period.
At least the evening turned out all right. We went to a new restaurant in town called El Sombrero and it was delicious. After last night's fiasco with finding what is probably the worst Chinese restaurant in Springfield for JOhn's birthday, it was nice to find a good place to eat. We'll have to keep hunting for a decent Chinese restaurant. We haven't found one yet after living here a year.
And speaking of John's birthday, I actually managed to surprise him. During our weekend getaway to Branson, he'd pointed out a bagpipe chanter set he was interested in and I snuck off to buy it our last morning there. He'd been wanting one for years, so he was very happy to open that gift.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm sorry you had a grumpy day and hope things are a little better now! DS#2 went through a bagpipe phase during his teenage years...

Melanie said...

I'm glad your day ended better. I get grumpy like that once in a while, usually when I'm tired and stressed!