Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yep, I'm slow at updating. Life just got a little crazy there for a while. Where, oh where to begin? The house inspection went very well. In fact, the inspector said he'd never seen a house that old in that nice of condition or that nicely redone. It is a pretty snazzy house and I can't wait to live in it. We did request that they fix four extremely minor things such as reattaching a section of flashing that had come loose. We only dinged the items it would be physically difficult for DH to do and I'm happy to report they agreed to everything and signed off on it. We officially close June 11th and get the keys by 5 p.m. on the 18th. The owners are going to let us put up the fencing as soon as we close, so that will be one thing out of the way before we actually move in, and that will definitely help. We'll be able to bring Bailey over and let her run around while we work on the house. She is in such desperate need of a yard. I keep telling her it's coming soon, but I can feel her desperation, especially since it's getting too hot for her to walk very far with me. Poor baby.
The girls are happy to be out of school. Shona's teacher hosted a reading night where each child read a book he or she had written. It was quite a good time, even though it dragged out a bit. I was impressed with Shona's ability to speak in public. She was a little nervous, but spoke in a loud, clear voice and showed everyone her photos to go along with the story. She did her required curtsey at the end and smiled at everyone. What a ham. I just know she's going to be in the drama club in high school. The good part is Shona is going to be in summer school (by choice!) and is going to have the same teacher she had this year. No big adjustment. Summer school starts in another week and runs through the month of June. Can't wait because that means scrapping time for me, when I can squeeze it in between packing, painting, wallpaper stripping, moving...ugh...did I say I was going to scrap? Well, maybe I'll at least get some good move in photos out of the deal.

The weight loss thing is going very well. I'm only 15 pounds from my goal weight and I never dreamed I would ever be able to say that. I had to go shopping for clothing this weekend because nothing fit and I had to shop for a bathing suit. Even when I was skinny that was an ordeal, so I can't say it was fun, but at least I didn't come out of the fitting room crying this time. And I even found a suit I can live with. I'm still chugging along, hope you do the same.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Glad you updated! It's great to hear how things are going!

Melanie said...

I'm glad you updated your blog. I had stopped visiting...;-) Shona is getting so big! Boy, time sure flies by. Congrats on the weight loss!

Sandra a.k.a. scrapfreak1 said...

wow.. what's that total in weigh loss.. send me some inspiration.. congratz..