Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

OK, to end the suspense...although there was a question about the size of the lot that went with the house, we did finally reach an agreement everyone was happy with and we are currently under contract on the house. The inspection should take place this week and hopefully they don't find a lot wrong with it. I'll update when I know.

My Mother's Day was wonderful and unexpected. We've never done much for the day, other than take our mothers out for lunch and drag them wherever they want to go. This year we live too far away for lunch out with our mothers (a fact we are enjoying quite a bit), so I said I did NOT want to brave the crowds out in town. I expected that to be the end of it since we don't really do gifts, either. Imagine my surprise when I walked in to see this on the table this morning:



Gifts! Each of my girls had picked out a plant for me to plant in our new home as soon as we get the keys. That really touched me. It is such a homey touch. Shona picked pink Victory roses, which I think are gorgeous. I'm already trying to figure out where I'll plant them in the new yard. Katy picked a house plant called a Money Tree. I can't wait to see it grow. I've always wanted a big, palmy plant for my living room. They did good! Shona had painted a cute teapot for me and each girl had a card. John had bought a necklace I know I hadn't mentioned in months, but he remembered. Do I have him trained or what? As a nice topping, my paper and a glass of tea were on the table, too. They fixed me a steak dinner and strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a perfect Mother's Day!

In other news, though...here is why I don't let other people have control of the camera. I asked the girls to take a Mother's Day photo of me, hopefully closeup to get my necklace in the shot and although both tried, this turned out to be the best photo. Sad but true. Back behind the camera for me!

5 comments:

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

you look great anita.. Looks like you had a wonderful mothres day Awsome!!

Anonymous said...

WOAH BABY! Hot stuff there! Man, you got skinny!
Love Shona's teapot. Happy Mother's Day!
Linda

Melanie said...

LOL--that's why I take all the photos, too. Good luck on the house!

Catherine said...

Holy cow you are looking great! And all that from walking?? What, you walk 40 miles a day??

Monica K said...

At least you don't have a quadruple chin in that photo (like my kids often take of me) LOL! Of course, you ain't got an ounce of fat to even take a bad pic.

Looks like a great Mom's day you had!