Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Sudden Decision

We saw the house today with the office built into the garage. I liked it, it had a great yard and the office was very nice...it wasn't really roomy enough, but it would have worked for us. I was happy enough with it that I thought we should consider it and told the hubby that before he headed back to work. I knew he didn't feel the same way, it just didn't excite him. The more I thought about it all afternoon, the more the appeal wore off. It just didn’t feel right. Still, I also knew I didn't want to move back out into the country. I figured we were in for an argument this evening and the house hunting would continue forever.

Then around 4:00, our agent emailed an old listing of a house we looked at probably 5 months ago, showing me it had dropped in price today by a considerable amount. We had LOVED the house because it was fully updated and gorgeous. The problem at the time was lack of a basement and it only had 1½ bathrooms, meaning we'd have to invest a lot of extra money into adding on a bathroom. It had three living areas, so we knew size wise it would work and we liked the location a lot. With the price dropping as much as it did, we knew we could borrow enough extra to turn one of the living areas into a master bedroom and bathroom, fixing the problem. I called John to tell him we had to talk houses. He just knew I was going to argue for that house we saw today, but instead I told him about the house price drop on this one and he went silent. Then he said “That’s just too good to pass up. I’ll call her to write up an offer.” It was that easy, we both agreed. I don’t know how early in the day they changed the price, but hopefully by the time it catches someone else’s attention, we will have it under contract. What’s sad is the only reason that house hasn’t sold is because their agent is too lazy to market it right. The inside is beautiful, but the only photo of it online is the outside. I KNOW if they only put up more pictures, that house would have sold at higher amount. Idiots. But it’s all good because it works in my favor!

I know I've blogged the house before, but here are the photos to refresh your memory:

Living room:

Beautiful kitchen:

Nice deck:



So that’s the big news. We are giving them 48 hours from in the morning to respond. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Good luck on the offer!

The Mom said...

Good luck good luck good luck!!! I hope it all goes well!!!

Melanie said...

Oooh! Looks great! Did you get it?!!