Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Indulge me

Vacation was wonderful. It was tiring, but wonderful all the same. I didn't get around to taking pictures right before we left, so I'll just plug those in with something when I fill up the book. For now, here's a catch up/look at my wonderful vacation photos. I just had 269 printed to scrap, so this is just a few of my favorite ones...


June 28
The hard work was worth it with all that power washing and staining. The deck looks amazing!


June 29
Katy's hair grows so fast I am completely jealous. She straightened it, and Shona kept saying "ooooo, it's so silky!" I guess I'm not the only jealous one.

Skipping June 30 and July 1. Deal with it. :P


July 2
Day one of our summer vacation. We stopped in Mammoth Springs state park just across the Arkansas border. What a beautiful place.


July 3
All that driving was worth it. We made it to Florida!!


July 4
St. Augustine, FL. The girls got to dip their toes in the water and play on the beach for a few minutes before we headed out to play.

Downtown old St. Augustine, where the girls met a pirate.


We climbed the St. Augustine lighthouse...or at least most of us did. Shona wimped out, but that was just the start of her wimping out. Apparently, she has a lot of fears.


The old fort at St. Augstine, one of my favorite places. I hadn't been there in 25 years, so don't you think it was time?


July 5
Day one of Disney found us at Epcot. John was falling all over himself when he met Mary Poppins. It was almost embarrassing.


The big ball. Had to have a shot of that. It was the only ride Shona really enjoyed and asked to go on again.



What Shona did enjoy was meeting the characters. This Kim Possible team was one of her favorites. The Disney people get very enthusiastic applause from me. They were one of the best parts of the trip.


July 6
This was the day of meeting friends. This is me with my friend Julie, outside the McDonald's at Disney.

This is us close up so you can see how stunningly lovely Julie is and how....I am not.

And this is Meg with Shona. Two instant BFF's, at least for the day.


And this is Janet with me and Shona, waiting to get in to the Animal Kingdom park.


Oh yeah, we also went to the park. Our favorite of the three we visited. This is the best photo. :)


July 7
Know how to have fun on your birthday? Go to Disney, I don't care how old you are. You will feel five years old again. I loved every minute of it. Even little kids saw my button and told me happy birthday.


Hollywood Studios was a blast. I loved that place, although I am an old movie buff. :)


Mandy didn't appreciate the snow. I can't blame her. I have had enough of that to last a lifetime.


I did appreciate the girls' pictures. They acted sillier than Shona with the photo ops. :)


July 8
Disney World is NOT the happiest place on Earth. My beach in Pensacola is. Can't you tell?


I'm not the only one who took to the sea.


July 9
The next day, we were back for more fun in the sun. We also went to the Naval Air Museum and the lighthouse, but that's for another day.

This was the look on all our faces when it was time to leave the beach. I've created monsters. Sea monsters. My evil plan has worked. They want to go back to Pensacola next year for a graduation present. Go on, twist my arm.


July 10
This was the only picture we took during the long trip home. Never again will I do 720 miles in one day with two teens in the car. Talk about drama!

I'll catch the rest up later. That's all my fingers can handle for one day.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Very fun and entertaining photos Anita!! That beach at Pensacola looks awesome, and empty. What's up with that?? So glad you had a great birthday and vacation at Disney! Jealous you got to meet Janet, Julie and Meg!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh!!! These photos are so fun!!! I wanna go. Beautiful. It was like a walk down memory lane. Boy Janet and Julie look good!!! Love the St. A photos. WOWSERS!

Catherine said...

Such a fun collection of photos! It looks like you had such a really great time! My turn next!

Jules said...

Oh the white sands of Pensacola!!! Our sand here is so much different. You captured some awesome memories.

And thanks for the compliment but somehow stunningly beautiful doesn't really fit me. ROFL!

I really need to get my photos off my camera and onto the site.

Jules said...

Oh...forgot to mention how cool that lighthouse photo is!!! And it captures exactly why I chickened out on our last trip there.