Saturday, July 25, 2009

Me again

Why do I always think summer will be a time of relaxation, with oodles of down time for doing absolutely nothing? It never is. It's always filled with things I've been putting off during the school year and the madness of preparing for the next school year. But enough of my whining and on with the 365 project. I had to take some fillers because life has been crazy. See above paragraph.


June 30
My little rebel.


July 1
It's not a princess tower, but a window will do.


Aaaaaand skipping ahead to July 11
The railroad tracks run straight through town here. We can hear trains from our house, although not loudly enough to disrupt anything we might be doing. Downtown traffic is often stopped due to passing trains. It's fun to watch, unless you're in a hurry.


July 12
My roses are wilting and it isn't even dreadfully hot. Time to deadhead a few.


July 13
This interesting metal "sculpture" is outside the public works building in town. I always smile when I pass that thing.



July 14
Just a shot of one of the water towers in town.


July 15
I love the architecture of many downtown buildings. The post office is one of my favorites.


July 16
Suddenly, with no warning, Goodwill boxes popped up all over town. I like to have a place for used clothing because I am not up to a yard sale this year.


July 17
Our new neighbors across the street put up a street sign for their business.


July 18
We spent a couple of hours at the state park, and even let Shona fish. It's amazing how calm and relaxed she can be for several hours during fishing. She didn't catch anything, but she enjoyed the process.


July 19
Happy birthday to DH! We kept it low key at his request.


July 20
I picked up the book Twilight for a few bucks just to annoy Katy. All I've heard from her is a long whine about how stupid the series is, how lame the kids at school are who read it, and how she wishes it would just go away. So I decided to read it. The writing was pretty bad, but the plot was good. I'm not a fan of the whole vampire genre, but I managed to enjoy the book. It just about killed Katy that I did.


July 21
The Photo Pass CD arrived. Wahoo!!


July 22
It's school supply buying time again. Shona is just a little bit excited and I can't believe she will be in the 4th grade.


July 23
Katy's mismatched shoes strike again. This time with '80's style ripped pants to match.


July 24
Katy was so annoyed that I enjoyed Twilight, I decided to buy the next book in the series. I didn't enjoy the plot as much, but at least the writing improved.


July 25
They have been working on the road at the end of my street forever, or so it seems. Today they put up traffic lights. The things aren't working yet, but they are up. I am excited because I won't have to fight highway traffic or go the back way anymore!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love the collection of photos...Elise absolutely loves to fish.