Monday, May 18, 2009

More May

See? I really am catching up here. I'm still hanging in this project!


May 9
Shona, John and I went to an air show in Branson. John was working there with the Civil Air Patrol, and Shona and I had to amuse ourselves. Her favorite part was the mini golf, if you couldn't tell.


May 10
The other favorite activity was the Hollywood Wax Museum, where Shona got carried away...by King Kong!


May 11
On the way home, we stopped at the newest rest stop along the highway. It's on historic Route 66, and it is really cute. They have this inlay in the floor, among other things. My favorite, though, were the old fashioned Brylcream signs along the exit. I'll have to scrap those.


May 12
Days later, the little stream behind my house still has water in it from the storms.


May 13
Remember the clay thing Shona was making for Mother's Day? It was this little giraffe. I'm crazy about this darn thing. It's so cute!


May 14
It's a good thing I snapped this photo when I did. About an hour later, Shona carried it to me in the house saying "Mom! Look what I picked for you!" Now if I could just convince her to pick the stem along with the flower...


May 15
The greening continues in my yard.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Your doing a great job of getting these photos! Love seeing how your "garden" grows!

Jules said...

LOVE that map!!! I lived not too far from there in central IL.

Her giraffe is too cute. What a great gift!