Friday, April 03, 2009

Birthday Girl

Today you get the excitement of bonus photos because of the birthday girl. Yesterday, she came home sick with some stomach bug. We called off her birthday just in case. Then, of course, she woke up perfectly fine. Never fails. All was not lost since we did manage to get one girl to come back over for the sleepover. I have to say, one is SO much better. No fighting between the girls.


April 2
Things are sprouting! I love spring!!



April 3
This is my favorite shot of the day. Shona and her sleepover buddy in front of McDonald's, which of course was her choice of dining establishment for her birthday. There was never any question of that. She'd eat there every day of the week if we let her.


Blowing out the candles on the cake. The icing was yucky, if you ask me. I guess that's the best way to keep me out of the cake!



It was a Monsters vs. Aliens themed cake, since that is the movie we took them to see after cake and McDonald's. Cute movie, by the way!

The birthday tiara, which was a punchout from a card my sister sent to her. One happy birthday princess.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy birthday!!! Looks like it was filled with all the things she wanted to do!

Jules said...

Ahhh...she looks so happy and so cute. We just saw that movie this past weekend. Did you catch the 3D version? Awesome effects.