Friday, April 24, 2009

April 22


April 22
There's my brother's truck in the median of a highway in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Another 18 wheeler lost two wheels, which bounced under Keith's truck, making him lose control and crash. A van behind Keith was torn up but the final word on that states the driver will be OK. No deaths, thankfully, but the load he was carrying was hazardous materials, 7 of which broke open and spilled. A haz mat team had to come out to the scene for cleanup.

I have to admit, for a huge truck to go sliding down its side on the road and winding up plowing into a grassy median at 70 miles per hour, the truck doesn't look quite as bad as I'd imagined.


Well, OK, maybe the trailer part of it did. Sadly, he had just paid it off a month earlier. The accident tied up traffic for ten hours.


I'm just glad he walked away with a mere three staples in the head. He has officially retired from trucking after this accident. He had been thinking of getting out of the trucking business and this was the sign I suppose he had been needing. They don't get much bigger as far as signs go. I'm just glad my favorite brother is still around to talk to. And my least favorite brother is still around to annoy me. ;)

2 comments:

Jules said...

So scary but thankfully he's ok.

Catherine said...

That's just....scary! Glad he's OK!