Saturday, September 01, 2007

Life

Yeah, I know, I've been a bad blogger. Life got in the way and wouldn't budge there for a while. The drama of summer is over and the house is back to a routine. I love that. The kids are enjoying themselves. Katy is taking Spanish and likes it so far, but then she has only learned a couple of phrases. Wait until test time. Shona loves her new teacher, which is a relief. As star struck as she was with the last one, I was afraid she wouldn't ever get over it and move on to like another teacher. She already claims to love this teacher more than last year's. Poor Mrs. Carter. Such is life.
John's classes are going well so far and he seems to have settled right in with his new classes. He's teaching Honors Biology this year, which is very different from last year, and he's happy about that. He's also happy not to have to share his classroom with another teacher this year. No two hour lunch breaks where he has to leave the building. At least he thought he was happy about that until he realized no more big chunks of free time during the day. Tradeoffs!
As for me, I'm still adjusting to my new career as a college student. I'm old enough to be a mom to most of my classmates, but I'm enjoying being back in a classroom. I always did love school. Some of my classes are pretty dull and I'm surprised at which ones. I went in figuring some I'd hate and they've turned out to be my favorites so far. I never thought I'd enjoy Political Science, but the teacher has a way of making it interesting and so relevant to my life that I look forward to being there. English Composition II I thought I'd love and it is the most dry, dull, boring class I've ever had so far. Hopefully it gets better because I do like the teacher.
Shona still loves karate, Katy is still in band and loving marching season. I got to see their first performance last night at the first football game of the year. They were fantastic, but then I'm a wee bit prejudiced.
And in other news, I'm 1.5 pounds from my goal weight. I can't believe it, either. I haven't quite got my head wrapped around that fact, but it'll hit me one day. Katy was thrilled to double her wardrobe when I hit her size, but now I'm actually wearing smaller pants than her and it has freaked her out. *sigh* Always drama somewhere, but hey, I've worked hard to get where I am and I make no apologies, child. Enjoy that glorious figure while it is easy to and while it is still all in the right places!
That's about it for my catch up post. Maybe I'll get better at keeping up, but with a 15 hour course load, I make no promises.

2 comments:

Carolyn F said...

WTG on the weight loss, and on being back in school!!!

Catherine said...

Ah....new news!! Congrats on the weight loss! I'm wishing you could come tutor me. And you go with those college classes!