Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm tired, dangit

Another four hour round trip. Another full day spent putting stuff into storage. At least it's finished now. We should close on the house Friday, ending this long house selling saga. At least we had better close Friday. I might go postal on someone if it doesn't happen, especially since John dragged out with pneumonia today to finish putting things into storage. I finally got to see my grandma for the first time since Christmas and she doesn't look good. I'm sure she looks better than the last few months spent in the hospital and the rehab center getting her back on her feet, but to me she still seemed very frail. It's hard to see such a force of nature in a wheelchair with oxygen on her face. I hope to get up to see her far more than I have been able to this past year.

No news on the verbal offer on the house we want. Their realtor is playing stupid games, and it's just another drop in the vast pool of reasons I hate RE/MAX. I could write a novel at this point of reasons why they annoy me, but they are only hurting themselves. The more they play stupid games the less we want to submit the written offer next week. Idiots. If I were the sellers, I'd be wringing some necks. Now we are seriously considering building a house instead of buying one. It's cheaper, only takes between three and six months and we could have EVERYTHING we want in a house. We wouldn't have to settle one bit. Plus, it would be NEW everything. The more I think about it the more exciting it sounds. Still....my beloved '40s brick house downtown is first on the list and we'll put up with stupid RE/MAX games for a little while longer because we have a wonderful realtor guiding us through the madness.

At least it isn't snowing like it was yesterday. I won't even go into how wrong that was. Have a wonderful week. Hopefully it's a little more restful than this past one has been.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Friday's the big day! I hope your DH is feeling better and that everything goes as planned!

Just Say Julie said...

hope your getting rested up!!

Melanie said...

Good luck with the closing and getting the house you want!

Carolyn F said...

good luck with your house endeavors.

Contessa Kris said...

HOping all went well on the house. Did you choose the 1940's one? My father is an architect, so I would love for him to design us a house someday. Okay dear. Consider yourself tagged.
http://collagecontessa.blogspot.com/2007/04/all-is-well.html