Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Goodbye, summer



It was chilly enough for a sweater this morning, then I had to turn the heat on for the first time since spring. Finally, it warmed up this evening and when Shona asked to go dig in the dirt that is our yard, I had to let her. It will probably be the last time this year she gets to dig around and really get dirty. Soon the fall rains will set in and they will segue into sleet, snow and all the nastiness that winter involves. I can't believe in a couple of months she'll be trading in her trowel for gloves and earmuffs, huffing and puffing to make a snowman in the front yard. I'm not ready!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm not ready either! WTG mom for letting her get that last summer moment in!

Bonni said...

See, Shona and Hannah really ARE twins...Hannah is always digging in the dirt, too