Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fun at the Park


We had to get out of the house today. No, we had to. Really. The walls were closing in on us and even though dark clouds threatened, we decided to risk a trip to the park. In my morning walks with Bailey, I had stumbled across a small park within walking distance of our house, but it just didn't have a lot to offer. I took Shona to it last night and let her play for a while. I even plopped my big butt into a swing and had some fun while we were there. I knew that trip was successful when Shona giggled and said "I LOVE you, MOM!" It does a mom good. Today we went to a local park with a lot more equipment. She met up with one of her classmates and raced around, trying to play on every single piece of equipment in the place. She managed to.


Katy even got in on the action, climbing on the monkey bars and getting on the merry-go-round. That might not have been the smartest thing to do, because dad showed up and offered to push her. He did and didn't stop until Katy was about to toss her cookies. I don't think she'll be doing that again anytime soon.
Tomorrow, if the weather holds, I want to go to the state park and let the kids feed the fish. Now that would be fun and it would be out of the house!

2 comments:

Jessica Bellus Photography said...

Love it when they get the staticy hair... glad you got out and had some fun.. its been rainy here alot in the last few weeks.. we havent got out too much.. thus the kids are going nutso!

Laura said...

Isn't it fun to explore new land?! Glad you all had a good time at the park. Were you on the monkey bars when you took the pic of Katy?