Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Girl and Her Phone

What is it with teenagers and telephones? I mean really, what is the fascination? I know they want to keep in contact with their friends, but when they've spent the entire day at school together, why oh why do they need to come right home and start yakking even more, rehashing every moment of the day they just spent together? Maybe I was just a strange child or maybe my parents were mighty strict with our phone, but I was allowed five minutes when I got on the phone and to be honest...that was too much. I just wasn't a chatter. I never have been. I can talk for a while on the phone if I have something to say, but I'm a get to the point kind of gal. Strange since one of my favorite things to do is stay up all night and talk, but I guess I prefer to do that face to face.
Sometimes I worry that Katy will have to have the phone surgically removed from her ear. I know it's just a phase, though. Once she leaves home and has to call to talk to me, she'll suddenly lose interest in the phone!

1 comment:

Laura said...

My 12 yr old niece sits on the phone with her friends while they listen to each other breath most of the time. Every so often one of them will say something. I don't get it either Anita. I hate talking on the phone! Sad to say it is a phase that will pass just when you don't want it to ;)