Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Look at me go! I finally sat here long enough and read enough info pages to figure out how to add my banner and photos to my blog. Happy dance. It only took me what....six months? Thank you to Jess, my Scrap Addict Secret Sweetie, who has this banner made for my blog. I bet she thought I was ungrateful and didn't like it, but noooo...I was just woefully inadequate at inserting it! See my cute bunny? That adorable rabbit turned six on me yesterday. I keep telling them if I don't feed them they won't grow up on me, right?

I wish I had time for more things. Like...say...scrapping. I just don't have enough to stretch where I need it to, and days like today don't help. I was the lone ranger in my office today. My co worker is on vacation and our boss has Tuesdays off (rough life). So that left me and the backup lady, who only comes in to help when we get flooded. I had such a headache by day's end. I desperately need a new job, but if John gets a teaching position out of state or far enough from here that we need to move, it isn't worth the effort of hunting right now.
Yes, the fun has begun. John interviewed at our school district yesterday and attended a state wide job fair today, where he handed out at least a dozen resumes. He's already set up two interviews for next week based on those initial contacts. Half of me wants to stay here because it would be so much easier. The kids like this school and have established friendships. Our family is here and we have a house. We don't love our house, but at least it's ours. But I also long to live near a bigger city so we have something to DO on weekends. I guess time will tell where we end up. I just know it's going to be a stressful month while we figure out where the road is going to lead us. This waiting and wondering takes me back to our military lives.

4 comments:

Bonni said...

Well look at your banner girl...very very cute...too bad I can't see the adorable bunny rabbit though ;)
Good luck with the hurry up and waiting, at least you guys have already played that wonderful game before

Bonni said...

okay NOW the LO pops up...LOVE it...gorgeous girl

Just Say Julie said...

the blog looks great! the layout is stunning! i've got fingers crossed that john will get the job that will be right for you all!

Jessica Bellus Photography said...

LOOKIN GOOD Anita!!! Now ya wanna write an Article on how to do it.. for our Techno Challenged People, LOL.. Including me ;) just kidding.. I will be praying that John finds the perfect Job soon!! Shona looks cute as always ;)