Saturday, January 21, 2006

Should old aquaintance be forgot?

Apparently not. This week, out of the blue, I heard from a long lost friend I'd given up as gone forever. We hadn't heard a peep in over 7 years, so this call was quite the surprise. I'd always sent a Christmas card with an update, but after a while you do give up when you hear nothing back. She has her hands full with work and caring for a severely impaired son, so I can see where she'd be slow to respond...but seven years? All's well, though. We chatted for over an hour (Me! I was on the phone for over an hour. I haven't done that since John was deployed) and caught up. The sad part was my life didn't take much updating. Maybe that is why I am Mundane Ramblings. In any case, I was thrilled to hear from Cece. She's a one of a kind lady, completely original and funny as hell.

And in a weird coincidence, I had another friend email me from out of the blue. I hadn't heard from her in nearly a year. Then today, Katy had a call from a friend of hers who had moved away over a year ago. It's very odd, but maybe good things come in threes, too. One can hope. And here's hoping we keep in closer contact with good friends from days gone by.

2 comments:

Just Say Julie said...

How very cool! I love hearing from or running into old friends.....happened to me on Friday night - a high school pal I hadn't seen in 18 years!

Carolyn F said...

Sounds like a great phone day!