Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Aug 3 - 12


August 3
This is what happens when you let Shona play in makeup. If the caveman look ever comes back in style, she's ready.

August 4
Mandy decided to take over the kitchen for a day. Everyone was so afraid they'd starve with the main cook of the house gone for a week. Hmph. It isn't that I can't cook, I just don't enjoy it. Microwaves are my friends.

August 5
A lovely view of my clogged sink. Three days, a plumber and $75 later...maybe I should have been the cook for the week. ;)


August 6
Typical. Katy shows off, Shona tries to copy. I don't think Katy realizes just how much her little sister looks up to her. Just a pest in teen world.



August 7
John spent a week in Dayton, Ohio for a Civil Air Patrol training camp. I confess my eyes glaze over when the words "Civil Air Patrol" are strung together in a sentence, so I know nothing of the trip other than that it was in his stomping grounds. He got to go to his favorite pizza joint in the world. Happy man.

August 8
Not as happy as when he got to go to Skyline, though. That is his favorite eatin' place in the entire world, bar none. Is it just me, though, or does it look as if he is being held up?

August 9
Silly kid moments. I do like those. Um, ignore my messy kitchen. I was dealing with a broken sink. No comment on the living room.


August 10
Probably the last bloom I'll get this season from my potted flowers.

August 11
My front flower bed. Doesn't it look marvelous? This is what happens when a three week grounding sentence gets commuted to hard labor. Time is nearly served. Another day and my rose bed will be equally lovely, as will the area around the gas tank. Maybe I should encourage the teens to break rules more often.


August 12
Pedey is such a wimp. He will climb onto the porch and bark at Bailey as if he were king of the land. Let her be on his level, though, and things change in a hurry.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

As usual, it's a great series of photos. The caveman look IS coming back...I'm sure of it!

Monica K said...

OMG, the caveman pic has me rolling! Hugs! Have been missing your sense of humor!