Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stress the Stalker

I've been having one of those times when it seems stress is picking on me. It stalks me until I have a weak moment and then pounces, beating me down. This entire month it seems I've been stalked and smacked upside the head every time I turn around. I thought once Shona's birthday was over, things would calm down. Hahaha. I'm so naive. My classes are winding down, which of course means we are heading into finals. That's stress enough.
Then John's back when out last week and I had to take him to the ER. He was supposed to be home for a few days on bed rest, but his Master's Degree program started that night (naturally) and he decided he couldn't miss that. Two days later, Katy came down with a mysterious illness and I had to rush to school to pick her up. She was fine, but it was pretty scary.
Cue this week...time to enroll in summer and fall classes. My summer enrollment went fine, then this morning I tried to enroll in fall only to be told I couldn't sign up for the last two classes I need to finish my Associate's. When I did some digging, it told me I was lacking math classes. Huh? Is Calculus not enough math for these people? I had to dig out my transcripts from way back when, go wait in line at the office, and explain to them that my Calculus and the Math Functions class I took way back when should count for more than the pre-Algebra and Algebra they were expecting me to take (and this is the FIRST time this has popped up, by the way!). I took Algebra 1 and 2 back in Jr. High, for Pete's sake! They finally agreed with me and enrolled me in the two classes I was lacking. It pains me that when I get my Associate's this fall, I will do so with over 90 college credit hours, but that's just the way the ball bounces, I suppose. So many things don't transfer.

Oh, and I had a bad mommy moment. I told Shona all week to be prepared for her dental visit today. She's having some teeth drilled and filled. I reminded her this morning that I'd be picking her up to take her this afternoon. Then it occurred to me that the office hadn't called to confirm, so just before leaving I dialed them up to see why. I was looking at the calendar, listening to the phone ring, when I realized her appointment isn't until next week. Argh! At least that afforded me the time to get my school situation cleared up, but geez. I think I need a vacation. Somewhere warm and tropical with no cares in the world.

Anyway, that's my update. I'm not feeling down, just stressed. I know things will get better once this semester is over. Now...I'd go rest, but I have to write an 8 page term paper on how to fix the Economy. No pressure there....

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I am very familiar with this feeling. Hang in there....one thing at a time!

Carolyn F said...

If you could write the fix to the economy in eight pages you'd deserve a nobel prize!!! Good luck!

Laura said...

I hope John and Katy are doing better and that your paper is finished. Carolyn is right, if you can fix it in 8 pages there should be a nobel prize coming your way! Good luck!

Monica K said...

Yikes! Hope things are less stressful for ya, Anita. Just try to take some time for yourself or ELSE! {{hugs}}