Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Happy almost Christmas. I can hardly believe it's almost here, but it is. I can't even say it snuck up on me, I've been stressing about it for months, but somehow Christmas always seems to smack me upside the head faster than I wanted it to.



Katy's concert went quite well. Her section sounded best, but then they should, as they are the "elite" band of the school.
We managed to miss out on a nasty ice storm, thank goodness, but we did get hit with the first snow storm of the season.
Shona was deleriously happy and I had to let her go out into it a few times, despite the fact that she was just getting over a nasty cold. There's something so infectious about the joy of a child playing in snow. It almost makes me like it. Almost. If it weren't so darn wet and slushy and hazardous to drive in. Ah, such is the life of a practical mom. At least my child enjoyed it.
Today Shona's class had a gingerbread creation day. I volunteered to come in and assist and it was rather fun watching the children "glue" their pieces together with all that white icing. The one rule that was most difficult for them seemed to be the "no eating anything while in school" rule because the only place they are allowed sugary treats is in the lunch room IF they bring it themselves. Sad what this country has come to, but that's a rant for another day. I think Shona's house came out adorable, if not a little lopsided. Of course, that only added to its charm. We used it as a centerpiece at dinner tonight, which made Shona beam with pride.

Oh yes, and did I mention I got a 4.0 for the semester? Not bad for an old broad like me. That's about it in Anita's world. Another week, another bit of excitement. Until I blog again...hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

These are great photos! Love the one of Shona throwing the snow in the air....so cute!

Janie said...

Love the Gingerbread house Anita.